Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Where's Your Customer Service?

My mom and I finally moved to Henderson Nevada on October 20th. I'm not going to lie the weather is fantastic, but to move there? Well... It's not Utah that's for sure. I knew I was going to have a hard time adjusting when I found out they don't have Wingers and Grandma's Sycamore bread, for me those are essential. This move really did escalate quickly!
This was an opportunity to start over by meeting new people and getting a new job for more experiences. I lived in Vegas around six months, and ended up wasting my time and money. The only benefit of being in Vegas was living with my parents.
I did get a job at Plato’s Closet, I started working on super bowl Sunday and put all my energy and strength to focus on being a good employee. On my third day working they were having this super deal on a Saturday morning where the customer could put as many clearance items as they could fit in a small bag that would only cost $15.00. It was a very stressful and chaotic day. I was sure I was hired until that morning the owner came out to talk with me and two other new employees that if we don’t prove that we want this job they were going to let us go. I didn’t realize that they wanted a competition out of us. I have had no experience with customers and told my supervisor that I would need training on it. I was only trained on where everything was located and how to tag clothes, now we had to show our customer service by bugging customers with our smile and help. I felt like a fake teenage girl.
Since I wanted to keep my job, I worked and was always talking to customers and cleaning up the mess like everyone else was. In the end I got a call from my supervisor telling me that they were going to let me go because they didn’t think I had enough customer service. Ok, so If I wasn’t trained on customer service why was I being let go? I was too upset to hear her talk anymore so she only continued by saying to turn in my t-shirt and I will get my paycheck.
When I went in to get my paycheck the only employees that were there were some people I didn’t know, which meant, neither the supervisors nor the owners were there. What? They couldn’t face me to explain to me why they really let me go?
I should have applied myself more, but I didn’t. We as human beings all make mistakes and all have regrets, but even though I acted like a lazy bum doesn’t mean I completely wasted my time. I was with family I love and proved to myself that I don’t need to move to “start over” in fact, by moving I was just running away from my problems. It was time for me to get my old job back and move to Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment